Obesity is a developing global problem that affects both adults and children. It is a disorder defined by an abnormally high accumulation of body fat, which can lead to a variety of health problems. Fortunately, there are effective methods for controlling obesity and improving your entire well-being.
In this post, we’ll look at specific measures and lifestyle modifications that can help you properly control your weight. Before going to write about how to control obesity first of all we will discuss what is obesity?
What is Obesity?
Obesity is defined as abnormal or excessive fat accumulation that presents a risk to health.
Body Mass Index (BMI) is a person’s weight in kilograms (or pounds) divided by the square of height in meters (or feet). A high BMI can indicate high body fatness. BMI screens for weight categories that may lead to health problems, but it does not diagnose the body fatness or health of an individual.
|18.5kg/m2 and under||Underweight|
|18.5 – 24.9kg/m2||Normal weight|
|25.0 – 29.9kg/m2||Overweight|
|30.0kg/m2 and above||Obese|
Causes of Obesity
- Food and Activity. People gain weight when they eat more calories than they burn through activity.
- Environment. The world around us influences our ability to maintain a healthy weight.
- Health Conditions and Medications.
- Stress, Emotional Factors, and Poor Sleep.
Ways to control Obesity
- Eat varied, colourful, nutritionally dense foods. Share on Pinterest Eat a varied, nutritious diet.
- Keep a food and weight diary.
- Engage in regular physical activity and exercise.
- Eliminate liquid calories.
- Measure servings and control portions.
- Eat mindfully.
- Stimulus and cue control.
- Plan ahead.
- Choosing healthier foods (whole grains, fruits and vegetables, healthy fats and protein sources) and beverages.
- Limiting unhealthy foods (refined grains and sweets, potatoes, red meat, processed meat) and beverages (sugary drinks)
One day plan for obese person
- Breakfast – Unsweetened milk/ tea/ coffee or aloe Vera juice + toast or eggs/ oatmeal.
- Lunch – salad + whole wheat roti + vegetables + brown rice + dal.
- Evening – Green tea/ fox nuts/ fruits/ nuts.
- Dinner – whole wheat roti / soup + salad / rice + dal.
Foods allowed and not allowed for obese person
|Foods allowed||Foods not allowed|
|Whole grains||Sugar-sweetened beverages|
|Nuts||Refined grains(white bread, white rice, white pasta)|
|Healthful sources of protein (fish, poultry, beans)||Red meat (beef, pork, lamb) and processed meats (salami, ham, bacon, sausage)|