In this Article we Talk about Obesity, and How to control obesity? Obesity is a complex disease involving an excessive amount of body fat. Obesity isn’t just a cosmetic concern. It’s a medical problem that increases the risk of other diseases and health problems, such as heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure and certain cancers.
- Normal: BMI of 18.5-24.9
- Overweight: BMI of 25-29.9
- Obese: BMI over 30
- Morbidly obese: BMI over 40
Causes of obesity:
- Food and Activity. People gain weight when they eat more calories than they burn through activity.
- Environment. The world around us influences our ability to maintain a healthy weight.
- Health Conditions and Medications.
- Stress, Emotional Factors, and Poor Sleep.
We can reduced obesity:
- Consume less “bad” fat and more “good” fat.
- Consume less processed and sugary foods.
- Eat more servings of vegetables and fruits.
- Eat plenty of dietary fiber.
- Focus on eating low–glycemic index foods.
- Get the family involved in your journey.
- Engage in regular aerobic activity.
Obese person eat a day:
And we documented that fat people do eat too much — our subjects ate an average of 6,700 calories a day.
Diet for obese person:
Choose minimally processed, whole foods-whole grains, vegetables, fruits, nuts, healthful sources of protein (fish, poultry, beans), and plant oils. Limit sugared beverages, refined grains, potatoes, red and processed meats, and other highly processed foods, such as fast food.
- plenty of fruit and vegetables.
- plenty of potatoes, bread, rice, pasta and other starchy foods (ideally you should choose wholegrain varieties)
- some milk and dairy foods.
- some meat, fish, eggs, beans and other non-dairy sources of protein.
- just small amounts of food and drinks that are high in fat and sugar.