A big part of our daily lives is our smartphones and the cases that protect them from drops, scratches, and normal wear and tear. But phone cases can gather bacteria, filth, and dirt over time, so it’s essential to clean them frequently. In this guide, we’ll go over the most critical rules of phone case care and show you how to clean and restore your favorite item. As we go on this trip together, get ready to learn how to keep your phone case clean and robust. Thank you for joining us as we talk about “How to Clean Your Phone Case.”.
Materials Needed/ How to Clean Your Phone Case
- Mild soap or dishwashing detergent
- Warm water
- Soft-bristled toothbrush or microfiber cloth
- Cotton swabs
- Rubbing alcohol or disinfectant wipes (for disinfecting)
- Towel or paper towels
Step 1: Remove the Phone Case
Take the phone case off of your device first. This way, you may adequately clean it without worrying about breaking your phone.
Step 2: Shake off any loose material.
To get rid of any trash or junk that is lying around, hold the phone case upside down and give it a little shake. This will lessen the chance of scratches during cleaning and increase cleaning efficiency.
Step 3: Get a Soapy Solution Ready.
Put a few drops of light soap or dish soap into a bowl of warm water. Mix the ingredients until it has a soapy consistency.
Step 4: Scrub with a soft-bristled toothbrush or a cloth.
Dip a microfiber cloth or a toothbrush with soft bristles into the soapy mixture. Scrub the phone case gently all over, being very careful in the nooks and crannies where dirt tends to collect. Refrain from using anything abrasive that might scratch the case.
Step 5: Emphasize the Discoloration and Stains.
Scrub with a little more force if some discolorations or stains are difficult to remove. If the spots are still there, you can mix baking soda and water and gently rub it on the spots. Without causing harm to the phone case, this can assist in removing tough stains.
Step 6: Use cotton swabs to tidy up tiny openings.
Apply a soapy solution-dipped cotton swab to small apertures such as port openings or speaker grills to clean them. Use caution not to force soil into these gaps any farther.
Step 7: Rinse well.
To get rid of any soap residue, rinse the phone case under running water after cleaning. Ensure that all soap is wiped away to prevent skin irritation when handling your phone.
Step 8: Clean up (optional)
You can clean your phone case even more by disinfecting it. To clean the whole case, spread rubbing alcohol on a cotton ball or use cleaning wipes. Let it dry in the air for a full hour.
Step 9: Make sure the phone case is dry.
Dry the phone case with a towel or paper towels that soak up the extra water. Before putting the case back on your phone, make sure it is scorched to avoid damage from water.
How to Clean a Yellow Silicone Phone Case:
It’s easy for silicone phone cases to get dirty over time. Follow these steps to get the color of your yellowed plastic case back:
- Soap and water for mild soap:
- Mix some warm water with a few drops of light soap or dish soap to make a solution.
- Dip a toothbrush with soft bristles or a cloth into the soapy water.
- Smooth out the rubber case’s whole surface, paying extra attention to the yellow spots.
- To get rid of the stain without hurting the silicone, move the sponge in circles.
- Run water over the case to get rid of any soap residue.
- Take the silicone case off your phone and let it dry totally in the air before putting it back on.
- You can use rubbing alcohol on a cotton ball to clean the case if you want to. Make sure it’s scorched before using it again.
How to Remove Yellowing from Plastic?/How to Clean Your Phone Case
Plastic items, like phone cases, can turn yellow from being in the sun for a long time or from natural factors. Here’s how to get back to the original color:
- Mix baking soda and water to make a paste.
- Put the baking soda paste on the parts of the plastic phone case that are turning yellow.
- Remove the substance from the plastic with care using a delicate cloth or toothbrush.
- Put the paste on the yellowed spots and wait at least 30 minutes.
- Rinse the case with water several times.
- Use a towel to dry it off, and make sure it’s scorched before you use it.
How to Remove Yellowing from Clear Plastic:
Over time, clear plastic can turn yellow, which makes it less transparent. To make things more transparent:
- Put the same amount of water and white vinegar in a bowl.
- For one to two hours, put the clear plastic phone case in the vinegar solution.
- Once it’s been soaked, use a soft cloth or sponge to scrub away any yellow spots that are still there.
- Rinse the case with water to get rid of the vinegar.
- Use a towel to dry it off, and then let it dry in the air.
How often should I clean the case for my phone?
A: How often you clean depends on how you use it and where it is kept. As a general rule, though, you should clean it at least once a week to keep dirt from building up.
How do I clean a leather phone case?
A: You need to be extra careful with leather cases to get rid of any trash or junk that is lying around; use a leather cleaner or a mix of water and mild soap to clean the leather. Watch out not to hurt the leather.
Rub alcohol on my phone case? Is that okay?
A: Rub alcohol is safe for most types of phone cases. But use it sparingly, especially on cases with patterns printed on them, because it could fade them.