Sometimes, it looks like the roof’s light bulb will only last a while longer. You should change it soon if that’s the case. Change the light bulb. It’s not hard, even if you’ve never done it before. Every person has to change their light bulbs at some point. It’s not a big deal if your ceiling is low, but how to change a high-ceiling on light bulb? Many people like the look of homes with high ceilings, but they can also be a problem in some ways. Two of the hardest things about these lights are cleaning and changing the bulbs. But do you know how to change a high-ceiling on light bulb? It is something that many property owners worry about.
Simple and easy ways to find how to change a high-ceiling on light bulb?
- Bulb Grabber:
- Light Bulb Changing Poles and Pole Grabbers for places with high ceilings or that are hard to get to: There are great tools that will help you reach those hard-to-reach places where regular ladders or step stools can’t go if you’re having trouble reaching up into the light fixtures.
- Bulbs Changing Poles are a safe and easy way to change light bulbs in rooms with high ceilings without having to get an extra set of hands or climb up a tall ladder. Telescopic poles can be adjusted to any height, so you can always reach them even when they’re more than 30 feet tall.
- You can buy bulb change poles in many different styles and sizes. Some have telescoping handles, while others are shorter and easier to store when not in use.
2. A tall ladder for changing light bulbs in high ceilings
- Another great way to change light bulbs in rooms with high ceilings is to use a tall ladder. This works for both hidden lighting and chandeliers. As long as the steps are wide and deep enough, you can get to it safely, even if you’re on a step stool that isn’t stable. When you’re using a ladder, watch out for any nails or screws that are sticking out. They could damage the ladder or even hurt you if they aren’t hidden.
- Given that ladders are big and hard to move, you should pick one that is light enough to carry safely and tall enough to reach high ceiling lights. The steps on taller ladders will be more comprehensive so that more significant people and kids can use them safely. The ladder’s base should also be stable and wide enough for you to stand on.
3. Ladder Hooks & Pole Hooks
If you have to use a step ladder or an access platform, ensure it has hooks on top to connect your tools and keep them safe while changing the light bulbs. Make sure the stepladder is stable before you stand on it because if it wobbles, you could fall off.
Platforms & Scaffold Boards
- A movable platform is an excellent option if you need to know how to change a high-ceiling on light bulb but need help getting to it from a ladder or step stool. Platforms can be moved so they’re always reachable, even when they’re more than 30 feet up. This gives you enough height to safely and quickly change the lamps without calling a professional.
- You can also use platforms to change the bulbs in downlighters and recessed ceiling lights placed in 20-foot or higher ceilings. If you have low-level floor lighting, look for platforms with handles to make them easier to move around. A strong scaffolding board is on the market and can be used for a long time or to change light bulbs.
- It’s important to know that ceiling fans with high ceilings can only hold the weight of one person at a time. This means they need to be carefully set up before being used.
- It is important not to put steps too close to window openings or other open areas, as these can be very dangerous and cause you to fall.
A Few Tips for How to change a high-ceiling on light bulb?
- Let it cool down before you change the light bulb. This may be the most important thing you can do. The bulb is already burned out, so this won’t be a problem. But you don’t want to burn your hand if you’re trying to move to an LED light or change the bulb before it burns you.
- If you want to save money, ensure your bulb has the right power. The power should be written on the box if you’re changing something like a lamp. Of course, if you don’t have the box, a lamp light should be between 60 and 75 watts. On the other hand, a ceiling light will probably have 75 to 100 watts. Most of the time, you want to stay under 100 watts. It’s easy to start a fire when you use the wrong power.
- Finally, you’ll need gloves and half a potato to remove a broken bulb safely. Yes, you did read that right. Put gloves on and press the potato’s cut against the broken glass. Then, it will push into the potato and let you take it out of the hole without cutting your fingers.