You should give your Samsung dishwasher’s filter a cleaning for several reasons. You may find your dishes coming out unclean after the washing cycle, or your dishwasher needs to be fixed and drained correctly. This article will help you with how to clean Samsung dishwasher filter?
Why should you clean your Samsung dishwasher filter?
Cleaning your search Samsung dishwasher filter regularly is essential to keep it working well, last longer, and ensure that your dishes are always spotless. Here are some reasons why you should clean the filter in your dishwasher right away:
- Optimal Cleaning Efficiency: During the wash cycle, the dishwasher filter collects food bits and other waste from your dishes. When the filter gets stuck, the dishwasher can’t clean, and your dishes will have dust on them. If you tend the filter often, it will be able to catch and get rid of any food bits, which will make the plates cleaner.
- Preventing Blockages: The dishwasher filter can get stopped with dirt and other things over time, blocking the draining system. If the filter gets clogged, water can’t flow as freely, which can make cleaning less effective and even cause water leaks. These blockages can be avoided by cleaning the filter regularly. This will keep your dishwasher working well and lower the risk of any water-related problems.
- Odor Control: Your dishwasher may smell bad if food gets stuck in the filter and stays there. These smells can get on your dishes and make them smell less clean. If you clean the filter often, food waste won’t be able to build up, and your dishwasher will always smell clean and fresh.
- Appliance Durability: Regular maintenance on your Samsung dishwasher, like cleaning the filter, will last a lot longer. Reducing waste and avoiding clogs puts less stress on the dishwasher’s internal parts, which lets them work at their best for longer. This can keep you from paying a lot for fixes or getting a new dishwasher before it’s time.
How to clean Samsung dishwasher filter
Here are 5 easy and simple steps to solve the problem about how to clean Samsung dishwasher filter?
- Remove the lower rack.
- Remove the lower rack. Before getting to the Samsung dishwasher filter, you must take out the bottom rack.
- Be sure that all the dishes are out of the lower rack of your dishwasher before you take it off.
- The bottom rack is easy to remove, just like in most dishes. Just pull it out of the machine, and it will be easy to get out. Getting the rack out is easy; lift it and pull it out.
- Some dishwashers have compartment doors that are easy to remove, while others need to be unscrewed.
- Check the instructions with your dishwasher to see if it has a filter that can be removed. In that case, you will need a drill to remove the screws from the door of the filter section.
- If the dishwasher’s filter can be removed, turn the handle counterclockwise to loosen the door that holds the filter.
- We suggest you use a power drill instead of a screwdriver to remove the screws first. This will save you time.
3. First, take off the filter door, then the filter itself.
- Now that the door to the filter section is open. The door that looks like a mesh screen can now be pulled out. Once you’re done, take out the cylinder filter.
- Check the area where the filter was to ensure no trash or other things are stuck there. There are times when food and bones get stuck down there.
- Use vinegar to soak, wiping off dirt, and running water to clean.
- Get rid of any dirt on the screens and any trash or other things you can see.
- Soak the filters overnight in a bucket of white distilled vinegar to eliminate any grease that won’t come off.
- You can clean the filters quickly by running hot, soapy water over them if you don’t want to wait for them to soak.
- Additionally, this will help eliminate any tough grease that has built up over time.
4. Putting the filter and filter door back in place.
- The filters need to be put back after being cleaned. Do it the opposite way of how you took them off.
- Put back the filter door first, then the cylinder filter.
- For each type of dishwasher, it might be different.
5. Securing the filter door
- If you have an easy-to-lock Samsung dishwasher, you must turn the filter door handle clockwise, and it will pop right in.
- If the filter door on your dishwasher needs screws to stay in place, turn the screws back and then attach the gate.